Tahrir (Liberation), Day 2 of visit







I began the day in Tahrir (9:30 am until 1:00 pm) and ended the day in Tahrir (6:00 pm - 7:30 pm). I met with Dr. Riham Bahi, AUC and Cairo University and Amideast (and NU Ph.D.) to hear her views on the Revolution and the aftermath; also met Mr. Abdel-Hameed of Arabeya Association, our language partner, and heard his stories and climbed to his roof, which gave him a "front-row, 5-star seat" of the Revolution. Then to al-Ahram Institute to meet my friend Dr. Dina Shehata, a political scientist/analyst and activist, both before the Revolution and during it (and for sure afterwards). I also met our bawaabs (door men) in Zamalek who told me of their efforts to protect the building, and keep Zamalek free of looters. Nothing horrible happened in Zamalek; hardly anything occurred here they say.

Here are just a few pictures of my day in Free/Liberated Egypt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You can't get there (Serbia) from here (Kosovo) - go to Montenegro!

(Remember me?) Back in Amman, Jordan Dialogue 2016